Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Travel and Arrival


I love keeping travel journals! Since I spend so much time on my computer, keeping a blog seemed like the way to go this time.

Today I arrived in Panama! But before that, I spent about ten hours travelling, met an interesting American fellow who lives in Panama for three months at a time because he returns to the US for internet at this interval (seem inefficient),read about how to hitchhike in the galaxy, met my research advisor, had a nice chat with my cab driver in Spanish (cab drivers are great for practicing Spanish because they are accustomed to dealing with tourists), plopped down in my apartment, met my roommate (Claudia, from Colombia), took a cold shower (which is the only kind of shower I imagine I will be taking for the next several months), and went online to deal with my life as if I had not just moved 3,581 miles away.

Tomorrow I will get to see everything in the sunlight! I have no expectations other than expecting everything to be like it was last time I was here two years ago. Haha. Overall I am very happy and excited.

Hasta manaƱa! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment